Students at Tampere Universities can utilize CIVIT facilities and equipment in their thesis work and projects. Please, refer to CIVIT if you use our facilities in your thesis or project. You can find examples of CIVIT-supported thesis work here.
Students can get access to our equipment by sending their research plan and supervisor’s contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Their supervisor should be from Tampere Universities (TAU or TAMK).
In their research plan, students should mention why the equipment are necessary for the outcome/result of the thesis. After the research plan has been approved, the supervisor or student should fill in the equipment request form for using the equipment.
CIVIT-supported courses at Tampere University (2019–2020):
- SGN-34006 3D and Virtual Reality: The course targets new and emerging technologies for 3D visual scene modelling, capture, processing and visualization as well as their use in applications such as 3D video and virtual reality. The course will provide in-depth knowledge about the creation, processing, delivery and visualization of 3D moving scenes.
- SGN-26006 Advanced Signal Processing Laboratory: After completing the course, students are able to apply basic signal processing methods to solve problems that are closely related to practical problems.
- SGN-81006 Signal Processing Innovation Project: Find out more about the course.
Students can utilize our standardized datasets in their own projects. Our datasets include:
Company collaboration and internships
CIVIT can be used as an intermediator between students and companies. Through our networks, we can find you the best company to collaborate with in search of an internship or thesis topic. You can contact us about your ideas and questions here.
We also organize events such as CIVIT Technology Days, where students can hear about the latest industrial and academic achievements and trends within immersive technologies.
- Summer jobs 2021
- Acknowledging CIVIT in publications and theses
- Request form for using CIVIT equipment (for staff and students at Tampere Universities)
- List of CIVIT-supported theses
- CIVIT research infrastructure -page (available in English and Finnish)
- “Neural network technology improves the intelligibility of hearing-aid-processed speech“
– an article about student work supported by CIVIT